Here you’ll find the Whittier street sweeping schedule and related info… like the sweeping map, when holidays affect street sweeping, and what to do if you get a ticket.
If you live on or park near the border of Whittier and one of these other cities, make sure you check out the sweeping schedule for those cities too.
Whittier Street Sweeping Schedule
There are multiple ways to find your street sweeping schedule if you live in Whittier.
- Check the signage posted on your street. You’ll see white signs with red lettering describing when you must move your vehicle for street sweeping.
- If you live on a public street (and the city is responsible for sweeping it) you can find your sweep day by visiting this interactive map: https://whittier.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=7508fec4bf3e4d099af0546bb52cfb9d
- If you live in a private community, gated community, or homeowners association (HOA) then it’s likely that your street cleaning is performed by a private sweeping company (not the city). Contact your HOA representative to find out the schedule.
Whittier Street Sweeping Map
Holiday Schedule for Whittier Street Sweeping
- New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 16, 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Monday, February 20, 2023 Presidents Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023 Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2023 Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023 Labor Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023 Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023 Day after Thanksgiving
- Sunday, December 25, 2023 Christmas Day
City of Whittier Twitter Updates
Follow the city of Whittier on Twitter @WhittierCityGov for more updates
Parking enforcement relative to scheduled street sweeping resumes today – please share this info with your neighbors #thanksforyourcooperation #parking #update #cityofwhittier pic.twitter.com/LGm9ctEb93— City of Whittier (@WhittierCityGov) June 8, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
What day is street cleaning in Whittier?
Street sweeping takes place Monday through Friday.
What time does the sweeper pass?
Street sweeping starts at 5:30AM and finishes around 2PM Monday thru Friday.
Does the street sweeper pass on rainy days?
It depends. Light or sporadic rain will allow sweeping to still happen. Heavy rains will cause sweeping to be canceled.
How much is a parking ticket in Whittier?
Parking tickets typically range from $25 to $75.
Whittier Parking Ticket?
Get a street sweeping ticket? Check out our free guide on how to dispute your sweeping ticket.
Contact for Whittier Public Works
Phone: (562) 567-9530
Did we miss something?
If you’re looking for a street sweeping or cleaning schedule that isn’t listed here, please let us know in the comments.
Also, occasionally our information gets out of date… if that happens, kindly let us know in the comments and we’ll get the schedule updated. Thanks!