Here you’ll find the Pittsburgh street cleaning schedule and related info… like the sweeping map, when holidays affect street sweeping, and what to do if you get a ticket.
Pittsburgh is a city in Pennsylvania that’s about halfway between Chicago to the west and New York to the east.
If you live on or park near the border of Pittsburgh and one of these other cities, make sure you check out the sweeping schedule for those cities too.
Pittsburgh Street Cleaning Schedule
There are multiple ways to find your street sweeping schedule if you live in Pittsburgh.
- Check the signage posted on your street. You’ll see white signs with red lettering describing when you must move your vehicle for street sweeping.
- If you live on a public street (and the city is responsible for sweeping it) you can find your sweep day by visiting: https://pittsburghpa.gov/dpw/street-sweeping
- If you live in a private community, gated community, or homeowners association (HOA) then it’s likely that your street cleaning is performed by a private sweeping company (not the city). Contact your HOA representative to find out the schedule.
Pittsburgh Street Sweeping Map
[no map provided at this time]
Holiday Schedule for Pittsburgh Street Sweeping
- Monday, January 16, 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Monday, May 29, 2023 Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19, 2023 Juneteenth
- Monday, July 4, 2023 Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023 Labor Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- Monday, December 25, 2023 Christmas Day (Observed)
City of Pittsburgh Twitter Updates
Follow the city of Pittsburgh on Twitter @Pittsburgh for more updates
Starting today, the Public Parking Authority of #Pittsburgh will resume Residential Permit Parking enforcement.— City of Pittsburgh (@Pittsburgh) September 1, 2020
All parking violations will now be enforced, except for the @PGHDPW Street Cleaning Program, which is set to resume next spring. MORE: https://t.co/zPk5aiDVPU pic.twitter.com/iehbgMlymy
Pittsburgh Parking Enforcement
Parking enforcement during street sweeping times is in full effect.
What time does the sweeper pass?
Neighborhoods and residential street sweeping begins after 8am and ends approximately 2:30pm
Does the Street Sweeper Pass on Rainy Days or Snowy Days?
It depends on the severity. If the rain or snow is extremely light, sweeping may still take place. But heavy rain or snow will cause street sweeping to be canceled.
Get a Parking Ticket (Citation)?
To pay a parking ticket visit: https://www.dspayments.com/Pittsburgh
Did we miss something?
If you’re looking for a street sweeping or cleaning schedule that isn’t listed here, please let us know in the comments.
Also, occasionally our information gets out of date… if that happens, kindly let us know in the comments and we’ll get the schedule updated. Thanks!
2 thoughts on “Pittsburgh Street Cleaning 2023 (Schedules, Maps, Holidays, Tickets)”
What happens with holidays? Is the schedule pushed back a day during the week of a holiday, or is that month skipped? Please clarify.
Like many other neighbors, I diligently look for a legitimate spot to park when my side of the street is scheduled for sweeping. It’s August and I’ve yet to see a sweeper! Yet, should I mistakenly fail to move my car, I’m hit with a violation. Suggestion: don’t enforce ticketing when failing to follow your own schedule. For the record, none of these days were holidays or heavy rain days.