Here you’ll find the Malden street cleaning schedule and related info… like the sweeping map, when holidays affect street sweeping, and what to do if you get a ticket.
If you live on or park near the border of Malden and one of these other cities, make sure you check out the sweeping schedule for those cities too.
Note: Street cleaning only takes place on a regular schedule between May 1st and November 1st.
Malden Street Sweeping Schedule
There are multiple ways to find your street sweeping schedule if you live in Malden.
- Check the signage posted on your street. You’ll see white signs with red lettering describing when you must move your vehicle for street sweeping.
- If you live on a public street (and the city is responsible for sweeping it) you can find your sweep day by visiting this city page: https://www.cityofmalden.org/262/Street-Sweeping
- If you live in a private community, gated community, or homeowners association (HOA) then it’s likely that your street cleaning is performed by a private sweeping company (not the city). Contact your HOA representative to find out the schedule.
Malden Street Sweeping Map
Holiday Schedule for Malden Street Sweeping
- Monday, January 16, 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Monday, February 20, 2023 Presidents Day
- Monday, March 27th 2023 Cesar Chavez Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023 Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2023 Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023 Labor Day
- Monday, October 9, 2023 Columbus Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023 Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023 Day after Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 25, 2023 Christmas Day (Observed)
City of Malden Street Alerts
The City of Malden will soon provide a street alert app to notify you of snow emergencies, roadwork, parking and street cleaning. Visit the city website here and enter your email to be notified when it’s ready.
Frequently Asked Questions
What day is street cleaning in Malden?
To find your street cleaning day visit: https://www.cityofmalden.org/262/Street-Sweeping
What time does the sweeper pass?
Most residential streets are swept between 7:30AM and Noon but may come as early as 5AM
Does the street sweeper pass on rainy days?
It depends. During very light or sporadic rain the sweeper may still pass. Heavy rain or snow will be cause for sweeping to be canceled.
How much is a parking ticket in Malden?
Most street cleaning tickets are $40.
Contact for Malden, MA Public Works Department
Email: [email protected]
356 Commercial Street
Malden, MA 02148
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Did we miss something?
If you’re looking for a street sweeping or cleaning schedule that isn’t listed here, please let us know in the comments.
Also, occasionally our information gets out of date… if that happens, kindly let us know in the comments and we’ll get the schedule updated. Thanks!