Here you’ll find the San Jose street sweeping schedule and related info… like the sweeping map, when holidays affect street sweeping, and what to do if you get a ticket.
If you live on or park near the border of San Jose and one of these other cities, make sure you check out the sweeping schedule for those cities too.
San Jose Street Sweeping Schedule
If you live in or around San Jose, there are multiple ways to find when the street sweeper will come to sweep your street
There are multiple ways to find your street sweeping schedule if you live in Chino Hills.
- Check the signage posted on your street. You’ll see white signs with red lettering describing when you must move your vehicle for street sweeping to avoid getting a citation.
- If you live on a public street (and the city is responsible for sweeping it) you can find your sweep day by visiting this interactive Map: https://www.sanjoseca.gov/your-government/environment/recycling-garbage/residents/residential-services-lookup
- If you live in a private community, gated community, or homeowners association (HOA) then it’s likely that your street cleaning is performed by a private sweeping company (not the city). Contact your HOA representative to find out the schedule.
San Jose Street Sweeping Map
Holiday Schedule for San Jose Street Sweeping
- Monday, January 16, 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Monday, February 20, 2023 Presidents Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023 Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2023 Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023 Labor Day
- Monday, October 9, 2023 Columbus Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023 Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023 Day after Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 25, 2023 Christmas Day (Observed)
City of San Jose Twitter Updates
Follow the city of San Jose on Twitter @CityofSanJose for more updates for what the city and the public works department is doing.
You may know San Jose’s BeautifySJ crews clean up streets, trails and parks, but did you know they also clean up graffiti? They remove over two million square feet of graffiti each year! They partner with Graffiti Protective Coatings to abate graffiti throughout the city. pic.twitter.com/Wp2CEScv9O— City of San José (@CityofSanJose) March 12, 2021
San Jose Parking Enforcement
What time does the sweeper pass?
For residential streets, the sweep time is from 7am to 5pm.
In the downtown San Jose, street sweeping takes place between 2am and 11am for areas including:
- Central Business District
- Neighborhood Business
- Major arterial and commercial streets and bike routes
Does the Street Sweeper Pass on Rainy Days?
On days with heavy rain, street sweeping will be canceled.
On days with only light or sporadic rain, street sweeping *might* still take place.
Be sure to check the city website to confirm is sweeping will be performed or not.
Get a Parking Ticket (Citation)?
Contact for Street Sweeping Division
Street Sweeping Section
1404 Mabury Rd.
San Jose, CA 95133
Phone: (408) 794-1920
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Street Sweeping Jobs & Careers in San Jose
Did we miss something?
If you’re looking for a street sweeping or cleaning schedule that isn’t listed here, please let us know in the comments.
Also, occasionally our information gets out of date… if that happens, kindly let us know in the comments and we’ll get the schedule updated. Thanks!