Here you’ll find the Austin street sweeping schedule and related info… like the sweeping map, when holidays affect street sweeping, and what to do if you get a ticket.
Austin is north east of San Antonio and north west of Houston.
If you live on or park near the border of Austin and one of these other cities, make sure you check out the sweeping schedule for those cities too.
Austin Street Sweeping Schedule
There are multiple ways to find your street sweeping schedule if you live in Austin.
- Check the signage posted on your street. You’ll see white signs with red lettering describing when you must move your vehicle for street sweeping.
- If you live on a public street (and the city is responsible for sweeping it) you can find your sweep day by visiting this pdf map: https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/files/Resource_Recovery/StreetSweeping091922.pdf
- If you live in a private community, gated community, or homeowners association (HOA) then it’s likely that your street cleaning is performed by a private sweeping company (not the city). Contact your HOA representative to find out the schedule.
Street sweeping typically doesn’t happen on trash collection days.
Austin Street Sweeping Map
Below is the map for the Austin street sweeping districts (provided by Austin Resource Recovery). There are 10 districts each with their own sweeping schedule.
Residential streets are swept 6 times a year and major streets are swept once per month.
According to the city, street sweeping crews remove nearly 6,200 tons of trash and debris from the roads each year!
Holiday Schedule for Austin Street Sweeping
Street sweeping does not take place on the following holidays
- Monday, September 4, 2023 Labor Day
- Monday, October 9, 2023 Columbus Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023 Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023 Day after Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 25, 2023 Christmas Day (Observed)
City of Austin Twitter Updates
Follow the city of Austin on Twitter @austintexasgov for more updates
Spray, spread, sweep! Austin Public Works is taking to the streets resurfacing in neighborhoods throughout the city. Please drive carefully around this work by avoiding sudden stops + sharp turns.⚠️— City of Austin (@austintexasgov) August 2, 2021
Street Maintenance Map: https://t.co/yPaWBWhEUv
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the sweeper pass?
Street sweepers operate from 6am to 3pm Monday through Friday.
Does the Street Sweeper Pass on Rainy Days?
That depends. On days with very light rain the sweeper will still pass. On days with very heavy rain street sweeping will be canceled.
Did we miss something?
If you’re looking for a street sweeping or cleaning schedule that isn’t listed here, please let us know in the comments.
Also, occasionally our information gets out of date… if that happens, kindly let us know in the comments and we’ll get the schedule updated. Thanks!