Here you’ll find the Alameda street sweeping schedule and related info… like the sweeping map, when holidays affect street sweeping, and what to do if you get a ticket.
Alameda is in Northern California and is just south of Oakland, north of Hayward, and across the bay from San Francisco.
If you live on or park near the border of Alameda and one of these other cities, make sure you check out the sweeping schedule for those cities too.
Alameda Street Sweeping Schedule
There are multiple ways to find your street sweeping schedule if you live in Alameda.
- Check the signage posted on your street. You’ll see white signs with red lettering describing when you must move your vehicle for street sweeping.
- If you live on a public street (and the city is responsible for sweeping it) you can find your sweep day by visiting this city map: https://www.alamedaca.gov/Departments/Public-Works-Department/Street-Sweeping-Program
- If you live in a private community, gated community, or homeowners association (HOA) then it’s likely that your street cleaning is performed by a private sweeping company (not the city). Contact your HOA representative to find out the schedule.
Alameda Street Sweeping Map
Holiday Schedule for Alameda Street Sweeping
Here’s list of the Alameda street sweeping holidays
- Monday, February 20, 2023 Presidents Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023 Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2023 Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023 Labor Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023 Day after Thanksgiving
City of Alameda Facebook Updates
Follow the city of Alameda on Facebook for more updates
Frequently Asked Questions
What day is street cleaning in Alameda?
You can find your street cleaning day here: https://www.alamedaca.gov/Departments/Public-Works-Department/Street-Sweeping-Program
What time does the sweeper pass?
Most streets are swept in 1-3 hour blocks. 4AM-5:30AM, 8AM-11AM, 10AM-1PM, 12PM-3PM
Does the street sweeper pass on rainy days?
It depends. On days with light or sporadic rain the sweeper may still pass. On days with heavy rain street sweeping will be canceled.
How much is a parking ticket in Alameda?
A street sweeping ticket is $38
Contact for Alameda Public Works
Email: [email protected]
Location: City Hall West 950 W. Mall Square, Suite 110 Alameda CA 94501
Did we miss something?
If you’re looking for a street sweeping or cleaning schedule that isn’t listed here, please let us know in the comments.
Also, occasionally our information gets out of date… if that happens, kindly let us know in the comments and we’ll get the schedule updated. Thanks!
1 thought on “Alameda Street Sweeping 2023 (Schedule, Map, Holidays, Tickets)”
I believe the ticket price is now closer to 60 bucks per ticket