Here you’ll find the Charleston street sweeping schedule and related info… like the sweeping map, when holidays affect street sweeping, and what to do if you get a ticket.
Charleston is the state of South Carolina and south of Wilmington and north of Savannah.
If you live on or park near the border of Charleston and one of these other cities, make sure you check out the sweeping schedule for those cities too.
Charleston Street Sweeping Schedule
There are multiple ways to find your street sweeping schedule if you live in Charleston.
- Check the signage posted on your street. You’ll see white signs with red lettering describing when you must move your vehicle for street sweeping.
- If you live on a public street (and the city is responsible for sweeping it) you can find your sweep day by visiting this guide: https://www.charleston-sc.gov/1377/Alternate-Side-Signed-Street-Sweeping-Pr
- If you live in a private community, gated community, or homeowners association (HOA) then it’s likely that your street cleaning is performed by a private sweeping company (not the city). Contact your HOA representative to find out the schedule.
Charleston Street Sweeping Map
Alternate Side Parking (ASP) Map & Schedule
Downtown Charleston also has Alternate Side Parking regulations. Neighborhoods include:
- North Rutledge (West 1/2. East)
- Hampton Park Terrace
- West Side Phase 1/3
- Harleston Village (Phase 2)
You can find more details here: https://www.charleston-sc.gov/1377/Alternate-Side-Signed-Street-Sweeping-PStreet Sweepingr
Street Sweeping Holiday Schedule
- Monday, January 16, 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
- Monday, February 20, 2023 Presidents Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023 Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2023 Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023 Labor Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023 Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023 Day after Thanksgiving
City of Charleston Twitter Updates
Follow the city of Charleston on Twitter @CityCharleston for more updates
Street sweeping crews are out on Ogier Street clearing debris that accumulated as a result of last night’s heavy rainfall. pic.twitter.com/dBpuCqmZu1— City of Charleston (@CityCharleston) June 13, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
What day is street cleaning in Charleston?
You can find your street sweeping day by visiting: https://www.charleston-sc.gov/1377/Alternate-Side-Signed-Street-Sweeping-Pr
What time does the sweeper pass?
Sweeping times varies by neighborhood. Most neighborhood are swept 9AM-11AM or 10:30AM-12:30PM. Check the posted signs for the most accurate times.
Does the street sweeper pass on rainy days?
It depends. On days with light or sporadic rain the sweeper may still pass. On days with heavy rain street sweeping will be canceled.
How much is a parking ticket in Charleston?
A street sweeping ticket in Charleston is $45.
Did we miss something?
If you’re looking for a street sweeping or cleaning schedule that isn’t listed here, please let us know in the comments.
Also, occasionally our information gets out of date… if that happens, kindly let us know in the comments and we’ll get the schedule updated. Thanks!